Letting Life Lead
A Liebster to me is like when you were in elementary school and it was a new class where you didn’t know anyone and you are feeling sort of lost. Little guppy in a vast global ocean. Then some kids comes along and passes you one of those crudely folded origami chain letter notes with a friendship bracelet in it. It makes you feel good and your job is to pass on the love. It says in the words of the Naavi, “I see you.” So everyone I’ve tagged and thanked, “I see you.”
When one accepts a Liebster award you agree to do the following:
Liebster Award Rules
Of course, this would be the first question and I would be in this particular spot. “Collector’s Edition Sesame Street Music Player Storybook” by Farrah McDougal and illustrated by Tom Brannon: “I dare not go.” It is a line from a song called Down By the Bay. The book comes with little plastic records to play in the little red CD type player attached to the book to play the songs.
When I was younger it was always Australia, but I think maybe Denmark since it seems to have a very contented population or maybe I might go where it won’t dump 2 feet of snow like Hawaii.
I think the world would likely benefit from a weekly plateful of special brownies. Seriously. Some people just need to relax90p. Oh, and it should be a matriarchy for a while.
This is like Schrödinger’s cat. The answer is yes.
This past summer. We managed to get three or four sad little grape tomatoes to grow. We are lucky the plants survived all the wild critter snacking.
A jockey, a veterinarian, or an actress. I end up being a teacher with visions of writing glory, or at least enough success to pay a few bills.
Afternoon, evening, and late night. Mornings aren’t my thing, though summer sun can sometimes convince me to smile before 10AM.
People doing extraordinary things like impossible flips on the uneven bars, artists who paint incredible 3D chalk pictures on the streets, kids who play instruments, that fourteen year old girl who sailed around the globe by herself, the people who build fighting robots for competition, and pretty much anyone who can parallel park.
I don’t remember a lot about being young. A lot of it is very fuzzy. I do remember spending summers at my grandparent’s house in the cellar. For years I thought everyone had second kitchens in the basement and stayed down there to get cool and to go in and out to play in their yards through the bulkhead. For the longest time they had an old fashioned four-seater wooden swing that I remember
The smell of lilacs; Birds of Paradise (the birds); waterfalls.
I. Alyssa Luchette
III. Little Monster Girl
V. Home Free Kids
VII. The Mischief Memoirs
VIII. The Twisted Yarn
X. Bonnie Knits
XI. Ali Does It Herself
(How do you like my roman numerating?)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 33.
2. My favorite anime is Howl’s Moving Castle.
3. I used to read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Dune once a year.
4. The first Stephen King Book I ever read was Cujo.
5. The first thing I got when I moved out of my birth city was a Library card.6. My mom tried to punish me by taking away the TV for weeks, so I read the World Book Encyclopedia instead (happily).
7. The first RPG computer game I ever bought was Eye of the Beholder. I never finished it; I got stuck in some stupid green room.
8. The first Atari game I ever played was the original Pac Man. It was one of the rare times my mom would play a game with me.
9. I hate it when people snap their fingers to get your attention. I hate with with a churning visceral distaste.
10. Since we are getting personal, I use menstrual cups. Yep. I went there.
11. I had both my babies at home.
The place where all the things I write live
Writer and procrastinator
Warden of Words // Shaper of Stories
Bewitching Journey of Words to Meaning
This is the story of building a cottage , the people and the place. Its a reminder of hope and love.
The 24 hour Writing Hotspot and Hang Out
Just your average PhD student using the internet to enhance their CV
Every now and then my head is racing with thoughts so I put pen to paper
Vulnerable on main