Letting Life Lead
1. You will pick your baby’s nose, ears, and scalp.
2. You will drop crumbs and sauce on your baby’s head as you hold them and eat, and not brush it off until you are finished.
3. You will put your nose to your baby’s butt and sniff to be sure you cleaned well enough.
4. If you bend over your breasts will leak.
5. You will reflexively hold out your hand to catch spit up.
6. Your careful, gentle cradling of the baby will one day soon turn into an under-the-arm football hold.
7. You will suddenly forget you haven’t slept more than three hour stretches in months when the baby has learned a new trick– like giggling–and shows it to you the moment you are convinced you will lose your mind.
8. You will realize that clothes are a waste of time and, if it weren’t for indecency laws, you’d both be naked at all times.
9. You discover that you need an 8 gig memory card for your camera because you fill the one it came with in an hour.
10. You spend more time analyzing output — shape, color, and consistency– than you care to admit.
There's comedic gold behind every painful experience. Here are mine.
playing by my own rules
We take the heat 'cause we gotta eat.
Liz's home for all things writing related.
I have no idea why I picked this blog name, but there's no turning back now
"Our subject isn't cool, but [s]he fakes it anyway."- The Offspring